Thursday, November 17, 2011

Getting Started

Here it is, my first ever post on my first ever blog.  I'm not even sure what to say.  I probably won't have much time to say it, since the babies are napping and one is sure to awaken soon.  I think I'll just start writing and see what comes of it.  I started this blog as a kind of therapy, something to help me get through the funk that I am in and to help me find out who I am.  I called this blog 'The Dancing Mouse' because I have always dreamed of starting my own business selling homemade crafts and for some reason I always thought I would call it The Dancing Mouse.  However, I've always been too afraid to try the business thing, and have had one excuse after another, so I thought if I gave the name to the blog, it might get me a little more motivated.  I was pretty excited to see that the name was available, so I snapped it up while I could.  For now this blog will consists of posts with random thoughts, things I think others might be interested in, and lots of anecdotes about my children, but don't be surprised if posts pop up here and there with features of my work. 
I'm actually looking forward to this blogging thing.  My husband has been trying to convince me to write a book, but that idea is too overwhelming right now, so I thought this might be a good platform to get me started.  If I'm able to get a good enough following and see that people are interested in what I have to say, I may start putting it all together to be published.  For any family members out there reading this, I apologize in advance for any family stories I tell that are embarrassing, missing details, or inaccurate.  My memory is only so good, and the embarrassing stories are the ones people want to hear.  Don't worry, I won't share anything that I think is too sensitive, or hurtful (but let me know if it is and I will remove it!  I love you all too much). 

Well, there's my start.  I'm looking forward to where this leads me and I'm hoping I can get a few followers out there who will join me in my journey.  I hope it takes us someplace great!

No comments:

Post a Comment